Sunday 3 May 2009

Singles and rivals

This bike,a goldie, was my deadly rival when I had my Venom clubman in the sixties,it had a distinctive twittering sound on the over run and if I heard one coming up behind me,we wore no helmets in those days and played by ear, it was head down and revs up and away we would go......happy days.Clubman Venom
A speed cop once followed me on my Venom at speed up the great west road(pre motorway)to London Heathrow when I was carrying urgent news film and when I came out of the cargo office expecting a ticket he was sitting on my bike and asked if he could have a go as he was thinking of buying one. I said yes and asked for a go on his Triumph twin but he said better not......happy days

3 comments:

  1. I used to walk across the field to a friends house. We used to spend a lot of time in his dads shed fixing up old bikes like these. There was a whole pile of them, six at least round the back of the shed. We used to take them up an down the long track to the road and back. Sometimes when his folks were out we'd take them on the road. Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. OLD BIKES LIKE THESE? sacrilege !!
    If they're still there go buy them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. . . . and give them to your dad you overgrown rascal. Colanonymous

    ReplyDelete