Monday 29 June 2009

EXTENDED FAMILY

I am one of a family of seven children,during WW2 living in the country, when the London blitz started my parents took in two evacuated families making up a fair old number.God knows where we all slept,I cant remember,but it was happy days for all us kids with loads of adventures,I do remember that! This is a photo taken one afternoon,me somewhere underneath.
For some reason later in the war we moved house right into the centre of London and gained first hand knowledge of bombs and rockets before moving back out to the safety of the Essex coast.

3 comments:

  1. Cor I bet your Mum had some washing to do with that lot!
    I think you are the pretty one in the front with his legs up in the air.
    Love Granny

    ReplyDelete
  2. No,thats a younger brother,I'm deep in the pile somewhere.No washing machines in those days.Think we had something called a scullery maid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Soap flakes' for hand washed laundry. Larders instead of fridge/freezers. Brocol the anonymous.

    ReplyDelete