Monday 21 September 2009

PONDS VANISHING CREAM FAILURE

When I were but five or six my family went out for a Sunday walk but I elected not to go.
Killing time I explored my mothers dressing table and found a bottle of Ponds vanishing cream.
Having heard the Invisible Man serial on our radiogram I liberally smeared it on all visible parts then when I heard the family approaching went and stood in the hallway to test it out.
Was most disappointed when they said "Hello Goggy"(my family nickname)and walked straight past me.

4 comments:

  1. Two charming ladies! I presume the one on the left will freeze and the one on the right will disappear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your story. When I was a little girl I never could understand why it was called vanishing cream!
    Thanks for stopping at my blog, you may want to check http://www.barnyardsandbarnacles.com as the one you're following is just awards, so I seldom post to it.
    Thank you and have a lovely day.
    Sunny :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Gee, what a lovely insight into the little Gerald!
    I DO remember though thinking the same thing would happen if I spread it on me, but I never dared to find out. You are so brave.

    Love Granny

    ReplyDelete