Tuesday 17 February 2009

A twit joins Twitter

The other day I thought I would get with it,super fashionable,meet the celebs etc so I went to the Twitter page and signed up. Now I'm not very good at understanding computer jargon and what they do.... Its quite amazing that I even got this blog going but that's only because Google made it nearly idiot proof and do it all for you,well me. Anyway I did what Twitter wanted and wrote in all the boxes then they kindly said if it would help they could find me friends if I wanted with a "choice" thingy box so I used that entering in "Hotmail" being one of the choices.
Now I find I have god knows how many friends but alas they all seem to be American and I don't know who the hell they are,one is even called the New York Times and my mail is now flooded with strange streetwise utterances hardly any of which I understand it all being fashionable,terse, and sometimes plain weird so I turned it off and alas I haven't yet entered a word myself as my life is so dull in comparison so I will go back to being elderly retired and guess I will never know what shop Stephen Fry is just going in to and what Kate Moss said to the taxi driver....
Still staying with Facebook though.

2 comments:

  1. I tentatively have had a look into this 'Twittering' lark, and not quite sure what it is for or about yet. So I didn't join anything... tread cautiously I thought. Now I am relieved you have gone that step further and tested the waters and found it wanting so I shall leave it alone.

    Oh Good Morning G. Sorry, forgot my manners!
    Love Granny

    ReplyDelete
  2. good morning,well a bit dull outside...xx

    ReplyDelete