Thursday 12 March 2009

Chore tips for gentlemen...the easy way


Simple instructions for cleaning the glass on woodburning stoves when ordered to do so.
~1~ Root around in the garage for that sponge you used to clean the car with when it was newish.
~2~Wet the sponge in the kitchen(thats the room at the back)also grab a roll of kitchen paper.
~3~Dip the wet sponge in the ash (cold)inside the stove
~4~ wipe the glass with the ashy sponge till it smears.
~5~ Clean the muck off with kitchen roll paper the glass will quickly sparkle.
~6~However it is advisable to spread some wet ash on your face and hands,walk with stooped shoulders,sigh a lot and spend some time in the recovering position on the sofa.

4 comments:

  1. What a cheek of a trick!
    I am sure my hubby would agree with you, he though always makes more mess than is necessary... and I know, it is so he won't get asked again.
    Love Granny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually Granny that method does work,I can actually see the fire burning in my stove now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This works ONLY with wood ash . . . Be warned or you'll have scratched glass.
    Love from the ever interfering no-all brocolanonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That made me laugh aloud. Believe me, I need to at the moment. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete