Friday 13 March 2009

A picture in the mind


very many years ago when I was in my mid thirties I had that interesting experience of dying on the operating theatre table.Like all people who go through the same thing I shot at first along an incredibly noisy Dr Who like tunnel then glided outside to a peaceful scene like the drawing I made above,a line of people standing silently on the brow of a hill and as I floated towards them a man in the centre came forward raised his hand and seemed to tell me that it wasn't time yet, and I was to go back. which obviously as I am still here,I did.and the scene dissolved and back to pain and misery. Its funny how many people who relate their experiences all more or less have the same story but I expect Arabs probably go to a desert.With me it was rolling hills but then I live near Salisbury Plains. There was no levitation and looking down on the operating table with me as with some others but then perhaps I was too much of a sinner. It did however make a big impression in my life,the feeling of being given a second chance and becoming very much a fatalist. Anyway if you're interested that's almost exactly how it looked,ingrained into my memory.

4 comments:

  1. You are not the first to relate such a phenomena, I have had a couple of peoples experiences said to me.
    I think that's why I believe in God. Death is but the door we go through to the next life, we fear it because it is unknown as we don't know what to expect. I am sure you got a glimpse of where you are going. It looks and sounds a pretty peaceful place to spend eternity in; it would do for me.
    Love Granny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me? I'm agnostic,but its a nice thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been there. Similar scene but the figure that approached refused me entry as I had no I.D.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's your story anonymous,But they told me it was because of your bad language

    ReplyDelete