Friday 13 November 2009

Chorus girls


As a young man I once painted stage scenery for a living.It was a happy period in my life,the perks of the job was the pantomime season when backstage would be full of beautiful and lively chorus girls in tights and skimpy costumes hence I lived in a trance and was always in love,only too happy to pop across the road to buy their sandwiches or do up the zippers they couldnt reach.
There was a great atmosphere working backstage mainly due to the stage crew and the chorus girls. I thought most of the principle actors and actresses apart from the older character ones, a load of vain self centered twits but the atmosphere in a theatre was never to be forgotten especially due to those brilliant pretty chorus girls.

9 comments:

  1. Ah, what memories. I remember my father would watch the chorus girls on TV at the end of which he would always say "Like a regiment of soldiers" Great routine. Great girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's me in the middle! Ahhh GG I can't believe you found it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come over and see the Rockets - they actually do, at times, become a regiment of soliders! Imagine, a sex change in front of all those children...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah Millennium Housewife,I never forget a leg.
    You must be about 110 years now?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Margaret, would the Rockets be a pop group? I know them not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What precision! I hope Les Girls remember you as fondly as you remember them. Happy Days!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I suddenly remembered an old blog entry you might like!

    http://rinklyrimes.blogspot.com/2008/07/52-legs-labours-lost.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. That poem said it all B. Bright(mostly) young things hoping for bigger careers,working hard on stage.lots of fun off.They are all my age now the years have past.I hope they had good lives,they deserved it.Yes I did love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Radio City Music Hall in New York is famous for its Rockettes (chorus girls) and puts on a Christmas show every year for the kids. It runs the gamut from precision dancing, excerpts from fairy tales, to a finale featuring a live religious segment, a reminder of the point of Christmas! More formal than a pantomime, the format doesn't change, and quite entertaining, but once was enough for me!

    ReplyDelete