Wednesday 25 November 2009

GERALDGEE'S PAD

Have just typed my address into google images in an idle moment and this came up! I remember now some people doing a survey and telling me they could give an age by looking at the joinery work on the beams. Looks a bit rough in this photo(since smartened up) taken 20 or 30 years ago. Was originally a coaching inn and had fallen into disuse and I was able to buy it for £1.000 mid sixties ! and spent the next year doing it up. Bit of a tardis,looks quite small from the road but rambles into the distance once you're inside....has eight bedrooms Oh and a ghost,anyone want to stay?

15 comments:

  1. Fascinating Gerald.
    This inspired me to type in my previous address.
    No1 picture - a roofless garden shed.
    Oh Dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have someone here who's looking for studio space. Do you think your ghost would be a willing 'life' model? . . . colanonymous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Count me in.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll take all eight bedrooms please. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. When do we get an update photo...... all chrome and glass?

    ReplyDelete
  6. " ... originally a coaching inn". I like the idea of that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YEP....WANNA DO A HOUSE SWAP FOR A FABULOUS FIVE STAR AIR CONDITIONED LOG CABIN IN THE HUNTER VALLEY OZ...IT'S HIGHLY RECOMMENDED BY MY GOOD FRIEND ISABELLA GOLIGHTLY...KAZZ PRETTYDOG VINEYARD

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know how I feel about ghosts, Gerald!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tina. My ghost is a little old lady and quite harmless...No material for you there! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the idea of a ghost (though I deny them on my blog)

    You say you lived on Westbourne Grove, London W2.
    In the 70s, perchance? We might have been neighbours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lived there (Westbourne Grove)for a time mid 60s,forgotten the number but was over an Antique Shop,North side. Good times!

    ReplyDelete
  12. There was a ghost in my last house who sat by a window at the top of the stairs. A really scarey one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Do you really live with a ghost?

    ReplyDelete
  14. She's been dormant for some time,maybe on holiday?

    ReplyDelete